As elementary school counselors, we help students develop and flourish in the five Social Emotional Learning (SEL) competencies:
- Self-awareness: understanding of one's emotions, thoughts and actions
- Self-management: control over one's emotions, thoughts and actions
- Social awareness: understanding how one affects others
- Relationships: creating and maintaining healthy and safe relationships
- Decision making: making conscious, safe and caring choices
Social Emotional Learning is Essential for Child Development
Here is why...